I read Tina’s version of this at Carrots ‘n’ Cake and thought it would be fun, so here’s my Fabulous Fitness Survey!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
Today I had a couple of Frittata Muffins and an iced coffee. OK, two iced coffees.
2. How much water do you drink a day?
I don’t count it, but I keep a 20-oz tumbler at my desk and try to drink from it all day. I’d estimate I fill it up 4-5 times throughout the work day.
3. What is your current favorite workout?
I love Crossfit! In addition to our programmed workouts, I try to focus on improving a particular skill for a couple of months at at time. Right now I’m trying to master rope climbs, and boy are they tough!
4. How many calories do you eat a day?
I don’t really count calories. I try to focus more on eating fresh, whole foods and staying away from processed stuff with mystery ingredients. But I’d guess on a normal day it’s somewhere in the 1,500-2,000 range.
5. What are your favorite healthy snacks?
I pack carrot sticks as my afternoon snack on workdays. I love the crunch! Greek yogurt with fruit is great, too. I have some amazingly perfect peaches at home right now, and I’ve been eating a lot of those.
6. What do you usually eat for lunch?
I usually brown-bag it to work. My go-to is a big salad, some kind of grilled lean protein (usually chicken), and an apple.
7. What is your favorite body part to strength train?
In Crossfit, so we don’t really isolate specific body parts. I do really enjoy Olympic lifts. I like the feeling of fluidity when you marry proper technique with strength, and there’s the weight over your head!
8. What is your least favorite body part to strength train?
As much as I enjoy the Olympic lifts, powerlifting is drudgery to me. I hate heavy squats. Deadlifts too. I know they’re important, and I do them when they’re on the board, but… not my fave.
9. What are your “bad” food cravings?
Anything that combines carbs and cheese is my kryptonite.
10. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
11. How often do you eat out?
Maybe once or twice a week? I really try to prepare my own food for reasons of health and thrift, but I definitely treat myself now and then.
12. Do you eat fast food?
13. Who is your biggest supporter?
One of the best things about Crossfit is being part of a community. We all support and encourage each other!
14. Do you have a gym membership?
I belong to a Crossfit box.
15. How many hours of sleep do you get a night?
Probably 6.5 – 7.5.
16. Do you have a “cheat” day?
I don’t schedule a cheat day, but, you know, things happen. Some days end up being cheat days.
17. Do you drink alcohol?
Occasionally. A couple of drinks a week, usually.
18. Do you have a workout buddy?
My sister! We both go to the same Crossfit gym, and I love it when we can work out together. Even when we don’t attend the same workout sessions, we usually call each other and talk about how we did. We’ve run a few races together, too.
19. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a healthy lifestyle?
Aside from the physical benefits of looking and feeling better, I think the biggest difference in is my self confidence. Being able to go from overweight and unhealthy to pretty fit has made me realize that I can do anything I want to do if I am willing to put in the time and the work. I feel like I’m a better person at work and in my personal life because I know that I am up to any challenge. I’m not afraid to try new things or to be myself.
20. What was the last healthy thing you did?
Last night after work, instead of succumbing to Thursday-night fatigue, I hit the gym, then came home, ate a good dinner, and packed a healthy lunch to bring to work today. I limited myself to just one hour of TV and went to bed before midnight. Hooray for me!